Monday, November 5, 2012

Life is like a punk song.




Life’s like a punk song. This idea sped through my mind while I was painting, listening to NOFX and thinking about email I got from a friend. She spoke about judgments, narrow mindedness and aggressiveness of one unnamed nation. We grew up in the same country, but we do not posses the same nationality.
So while I was painting another crazy snail from my Crazy snails collection, a photon of inspiration hit a synapse in my brain and made it resonate with realization: Life’s like a punk song. Full of truth that we don’t wanna hear! It’s too straight-forward, too noisy, it stings like an unexpected slap over the face.
Why? Because it challenges the multitude of stickers that we put on everything and everybody in order to categorize the world more easily, to digest it without too much thinking, too much wonder. A good punk song wants to peel those stickers off and see the naked true nature of things underneath. And yes, that is scary and challenging, it is also uncomfortable, it’s like an itch on your back you can’t reach.

Challenge people’s beliefs in their cherished stickers and you up for some nasty responses! Nowadays, people are nothing but a huge collection of stickers which they assembled (with generous help of others) to create their vision of themselves. Try to challenge one of them and they’ll fight back teeth and nails!
These labels are every-damn-where! Our beautiful planet became covered by stickers and labels, written in thick black letters, so you got no chance to misread them, and they are really handy if you one of those who like judging of all sorts. If you like to be a good obedient citizen, just stick to the stickers you’re supplied by those who think they got monopoly for Truth, you’ll be just fine. There are loads of institutions which took the sticking of labels as their mission sacrée, governments and such madhouses, but in the end it’s us who validate them and readily stick them on every corner by believing in them.
Just read the label and make a blueprint in your mind, which you’ll later refer to as REALITY. Why? Because The sticker said so! Why would I challenge something so widely accepted? Surely it’s the holiest truth, when masses of people accept it as status quo.
They say all sorts of things these smart-ass stickers. You’re Christian thus you love Jesus who was a good guy thus you must be good too; you’re Muslim thus you are not very popular cause you guys treat your women bad and you burn American flags (isn’t that what western medias like to show?); you are respectful dude cause you studied diligently piles of books full of nonsense about justice and that gave you the cool sticker of a lawyer- now you have an influence over who’s going to jail! You’re not that cool cause you only made it to the post of cleaner of the toilets. You’re rich cause you drive a Porche, you’re poor cause you don’t drive and you don’t have a golden watch, fancy clothes and I phone5. You’re Zen and you know better than others cause you practice yoga. You’ve got right to harass people if you don’t like their face or hairstyle cause some funny institution gave you a badge and power. I’m talented cause I can paint and you’re dumb cause you only speak one language. I’m well spoken and complaisant and if I grease the right wheels and kiss the right behinds I might become politician and decide about other people’s lives, maybe even get the superman sticker of Mr. President and invade a country for profit of corporations who sponsored my campaign, and then get reelected! Great one! Lets prostrate in front of his holiness The sticker!

We need some drastic medicine real fast folks to shake off this epidemic. We need to play some PUNK real loud and show our middle fingers nice and high to all the stickers and have a good laugh at our narrow-mindedness. All together holding hands like children nice and loud, stripping us naked off all that labeled armor that makes us rigid, blind and deprives us of so much beauty, so many amazing revelations. Then we would be able to get a glimpse of real nature of things, see things as they really are, in their unnamed, raw beauty, without immediately shoveling them off to one of the million labeled drawers in our pre-programmed minds. We would be able to marvel again, look at the world with eyes of a child, dance with joy celebrating the mysteries of the things we consider ordinary, things we got bored of, things we take for granted.
Tell me- how can you possibly judge something so powerful, complex and limitless as human being, if you cannot even see the beauty and real nature of a flower? “Oh: flower-nice color-good smell most of times-present for my date-does not speak but fades away-harmeless” said your mind. Hello sticker! Oh flower, I know those! Yeah right. What your lovely eyes really had the luck to see was a flash of manifestation of Universal complexity beyond any rational explanation, the mystery of life and death you can never even come close to understand - a F L O W E R- incredibly amazing constitution of millions of atoms which are somehow mysteriously animated by the same life force as you, constantly changing and singing its life song so sweetly! It has an intricate story of birth and fight with darkness which always ends by a victory to tell, a story of sacrifice for the sake of her children, and a history of generations beyond your imagination. Now how could you judge that? Now how could you even dream of deciding who is going to live and who is going to die? How would you dare doing that, while all you know is Stickers somebody else fabricated for you?? What do you know of what hides behind the four letters LIFE to judge it all the time and even decide who’s got the right to live it and how???
We finally have to realize, that there is no US and THEM constantly pointing good-bad fingers as per the instructions of stickers. We’re all ONE and we’re stuck on the same planet, so we might just as well start using our real potential in the name of our real nature, our indestructible essence, which is pure love, believe it or not, not some profit-making sticker which reeks of lie miles away.

I’d like to dedicate the ending of my punk song to my friend, who gave me this nice sticker. She said I was Czech, assuring me that she can see it in my nature. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I am not Czech any more than Mr. Politician seeks the well being of people in the first place, oblivious of his own profit. What makes me Czech? A piece of paper with my picture on it that I had to have made so that I could cross borders and get classified in security databases?  My place of birth and “culture” they taught me to follow? What if I burn my passport, cross my legs and sit under the tree and meditate for the rest of my life? Will I still be Czech? Or will I receive a different label?
I am a flow of energy, I am manifestation of beauty of this Universe, I am ray of light and I am much more than the “I”, I am “US”; just passing through this amazing planet seeking ecstasy of all spectrum of feelings and emotions I could possibly feel and live, for one brief moment, with all my sisters and brothers. We are one.

Life’s like a punk song. It’s time to blast it at full volume and wake up from our sticky sticker dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment